Sunday, June 3, 2012

Travis Restaurant

As far as I know, Travis Restaurant is based solely in Michigan, with the most recent location being located right down the road from my house. It wasn't until a couple years ago that I decided to check it out with a few friends, and it was then that I fell in love with the place and its diner-like atmosphere.

This isn't the kind of place you go to when you want a nice, low-calorie lunch; they serve mostly comfort food, and pretty freaking delicious comfort food at that. The staff is always attentive and friendly whenever I go there, which only adds to the down-to-Earth vibe you get when dining here.

I came here the other day with my friend Olivia, on our way to the DIA. We wanted a quick lunch since we were both pretty hungry (at least I was anyways). Travis Restaurant is well known for their burgers, of which they have the Travis burgers, which are like sliders but just a bit bigger, as well as various other types of 1/3 pound burgers. I ordered two of the Travis burgers, a side of their amazing waffle fries, and a side of honey mustard, which is my favorite way to eat said waffle fries.

Doesn't that just look delicious?




Here you can see how big the Travis burgers are, not too small, 
not too big, just the perfect size to pick up and dig in.


The burgers come normally with just the grilled onions and pickles, I do believe, so I chose to add lettuce and tomato to mine. The taste of a Travis burger is just what you'd expect from a "diner", which is greasy, meaty, flavorful, and delicious. The onions are grilled onto the patty which makes them a tad bit crispy and salty. I could eat two of these as a snack, or three of them if I wanted to get filled up. The beauty of these burgers is that they're only $1.39 each, which is very reasonable for its size.

Travis also specializes in their pita wraps, of which my friend Olivia got the BLT wrap, and due to my suggestion, also got the waffle fries.

It was a VERY big size wrap.



Here you can see just how much bacon they stuffed into this wrap.




Don't forget to dip the waffle fries in that honey mustard!


Travis is probably the only restaurant that I can think of that serves legit waffle fries, and they're freaking addictive. I make sure to get them every time I come here. Sometimes I like to take the biggest one and put it right on one of my Travis burgers, since I'm American and I can do stuff like that. 

Olivia enjoyed her wrap, but it was so big she had to take the other half home with her. Both of our meals together with one drink (I always order water), only came to $15, which compared to other bigger chain restaurants, is very reasonable.

I know I've been going on about how awesome this place is, but I'd still like to give it a rating, which would be a 90/100. If you're ever in the Clinton Township area and are in the mood for some comfort food, make a point to stop here and check it out for yourself.







No comments:

Post a Comment